Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Starting My Art Blog

Recently I tried to joined an art group and was asked for a link to my blog. While I do have a knitting blog, it just didn't seem appropriate for that group. So here I am starting a new blog. The group I wanted to join was Art Journal Every Day and I wanted to sign up for August. So now I can go join and link to a reasonable blog.

I am semi-new to art journaling. Right now I am focusing on learning techniques. I purchased the download of Paula Phillips (aka, Journal Artista) Layered and Textured Backgrounds: Art Journaling Tips and Tricks and it was a great place to start. I've learned so much from it. I'm also working through 21 Secrets: An Art Journal Playground and Total Alignment both of which are on the Dirty Footprints Studio site.

And now I'll be signed up for Art Journal Every Day which will be a good way to record my progress on each. Of course many of my postings may be exercises but here's a page from my journal to start the process. and serve as my August 1 entry. BTW, I'm not too good at photographing pages yet but I'll figure it out or get a scanner.

1 comment: